My wife and I have been paying members of Shell Vacations (now owned by Wyndham) for several years.We originally owned a "deeded property" on the Big Island in Hawaii, but switched to the new, supposedly more "user-friendly" points system about 2 years ago.

Since that time we have had a lot of challenges booking our promised vacations. We were required to pay the $1250 maintenance fee before booking, and were frequently informed that our vacation requests could not be filled due to lack of inventory. This situation, requiring payment without ever supplying the promised service, has led to a significant disputes when trying to book vacations. We have little recourse to get Shell/Wyndham to provide the services that were promised to us.

At the time of the latest dispute, we had already paid Shell/Wyndham 1/2 of our 2014 maintenance fee. Instead of working with us to provide the promised services, Shell/Wyndham sent us to collections for $625.00 which we promptly paid upon notification. We were notified by CreditSecure (a service of American Express) that Shell/Wyndham had sent us to a collections agency, namely Meridian Financial Services. That disputed fee was paid to Meridian Financial Services on 12/5/14 with the promise to remove the negative credit note that Meridian had attached our credit report on 12/4/14 that resulted in a 100 point decrease in our credit score.

(We have been diligent in building our credit score over many years.) We never received notification from Meridian regarding Shell/Wyndham having sent us to collections. They claim to have called. If they did, they never left messages. They claim to have sent a letter.

If they did, it was never received on our end. How a company we have never heard of before can destroy our credit rating over a $625.00 bill that has been paid in full is astonishing to me. And, when I contacted Meridian to dispute their actions, I was treated in the most unprofessional manner imaginable, even called insulting names by the Meridian representative I spoke with. In conclusion, BEWARE!!

Do not fall prey to the fraudulent claims of Shell/Wyndham Vacation Clubs.If you have had similar experiences, please contact the Better Business Bureau and file consumer complaints.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Shell Vacations Club. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Shell Vacations Club.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Hotels and Resorts category for more informed decision or compare Shell Vacations Club to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Shell Vacations Club?

Comments