We are extremely upset that we were taken by this huge company that could care less about you once they reel you in! They have a party like atmosphere that gets everyone excited about what seems to be a fantastic opportunity and then they go for the kill. My husband and I consider ourselves to be reasonably intelligent people but these scam artists proved to be too slick for us to see the trees for the the forest. We are now stuck for life and it is very depressing. We bought into 4500 points at over $350 a month and a mainatance fee of almost $900 a year. Just think what an awesome vacation you could have at that price without any "ownership"! Everytime I call to book they all "All Booked Up" and it's really getting old. Does any one know what we can do? We need help.

Dennis and Katherine Sayre

ksayre@comcast.net

Had an Experience with Shell Vacations Club?

Comments

Sha Tin, Hong Kong, Hong Kong #177642

They don'y mind selling you something, that can't seem to be resold. I asked them for help, they didn't have a clue as to how to fix it. I'm not even 30 days late and I get 4 calls a day from Equiant.

Iam a happy owner for over 10 years with shell vacations club

I can't belive the lies you are saying

If you can point and click you can use this product shell has over 130,000.00 owners

We are a group of more than 60 people who have been victimized by Shell Vacations Club (SVC), a company whose headquarters is located in Illinois (40 Skokie Blvd. Suite 350, Northbrook, IL 60062; Telephone: 847-564-4600), with branch offices located in California (SVC-West branch in California, 2770 Taylor, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94133, Tel: 415-775-9601), Hawaii, and some other states.

We understand that SVC is continuing their fraudulent business activities on a daily basis right now. Hundreds of people have been victimized, and more will fall into the trap of SVC’s misrepresentations and fraud if we don’t take actions to prevent this from happening. Your support would be essential for our efforts in seeking justice and protecting other potential victims.

We will continue our legal fighting to cancel fraudulent contracts with SVC, recover our financial losses, and most importantly, stop the fraudulent and illegal activities of SVC.

If you would like to join our legal action and lawsuit against SVC, please e-mail us at complaintsvc@gmail.com, then we will contact you for detailed next step we do. Thank you in advance for your kind attention to this matter!

Sincerely

SVC Complaint and lawsuit group

WE HAVE BEEN HAD BY SHELL TOO.WE PURCHASED 1700 POINTS FOR $8,000 AND WE CAN NEVER GET IN TO STAY ANYWHERE AND ARE POINT DON'T ADD UP TO THE AMOUNT OF DAYS THEY SOLD US..

IF ANYONE HAS INFORMATION ABOUT A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT PLEASE CONTACT ME . I AM IN THE STATE OF AZ AND I HAVE FILEED A COMPLAINT WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE.. WAITING ON RESPONSE. MY EXPERIENCE IS THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE..

THEY LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING.!!!THANK YOU JEA@JEASHOOTS.COM

Too bad so many of us fall for their "Oh, this isn't a timeshare; you own points you can use for so many things!" LIES LIES AND MORE LIES.3500 points costing over $19,000 plus annual fees of over $800 and you still have to pay a transaction fee.

No, you don't get $3500 worth of airfare-you get $1000. You don't get $3500 worth of hotel stay, you get $500. Why would anyone pay 3x what it costs for a normal vacation you can book on Expedia on a week's notice. Be Smart--Don't Be Gullible.

If you haven't bought--DONT.You'll be stuck for life!!!

Hi everybody,

I bought shell vacations club membership on 09-03-2006. But it is complete swindle. The total price for the membership is $30239.00 and $1150.10 annual maintenance fee (they call it assessment). What I got is 7000 points/year which equal 4 weeks vacation time including everything (airfare, food, car rental…) that’s the sales told me.

I tried to book my first vacation on 09/15/2006. Their customer service told me the points can be only used for club properties, but it can be converted to purchase airfare something and the 7 points equal 1 dollar. That totally different than the sales representative told me. It’s a absolutely a trick. I pay $30239.00 plus $1015.10 every year and then I got $1000(7000points) back per year.

After figure out the whole store, I contacted shell vacation club to cancel this purchase at the same day (09/15/2006). But they don’t allow me to cancel it.

I wanna hire an attorney to fight with this company. If you have any information please share with us.

Does anyone want to buy my membership?3500.

I only go to Las Vegas and Yosemite so we dont need it.

we are selling outs for $3,500.If you are interested please email me at four_by3@hotmail.com

Campbell, New York, United States #25833

Seriously, one of the reasons why Shell Vacations doesnt have any rooms is because they are over selling their product, and on top of that they are giving free Vacation time to third parties companies when they purchase all sort of equipment, electronics, furniture through barter then when the real members that are paying a lot of money for this SCAM they can't stay at any of their resorts because they are all booked!!!

Shell Vacations spends over $25,000 A month on their lease in Chicago office in downtown and who do think is paying for it?

Their upper Management travel to other countries, Japan, Europe and stay at expensive resorts, meals, limos at your expense!!!Because YOU are paying $400 a night with your points when you can JUST SIMPLY walk in and pay $200 for the same exact room!!

Overton, Nebraska, United States #23454

SVN does not know what they are doing..I went in for my "90 min" thing waited for 1 hour and told them i was going to leave.

They told me to wait 5 more min, Our name was called we went back and told the person we have been waiting for over a hour already and want to get on with it..

Nope same thing wait here ,, 10 min later bla bla bla,,, 4 hours later they us go...What a rip off

Belmont, New Hampshire, United States #15350

I just had the displeasure of attending one of Shell Vacation's timeshare presentations. From the first moment you walk in the door and they ask you for your credit card (ostensibly as a "second form of id" but really so that you can't back out by saying you didn't bring your credit card that day and can't buy), to the snotty salespeople who try every conceivable psychological trick to get you to buy - this company is a nightmare. Run like your hair is on fire.

When insulting you doesn't work, they try asking inappropriate questions about your personal finances - anything it takes to get you to buy their product (which by all accounts ain't that great).

They really need to branch out from the hard sell techniques and try a little honesty. Yikes!