My wife and I were never told that there was a HOA fee involved when the sales introduced us the package.As we all know that we are not even buying a community property.

I don't even "OWN" the property. As far I know, I am the "USER" of the property, not a "OWNER." Now, the Shell vacation goes further to say that the HOA fee will be increase 3% more due to some delinquencies issue they have. Come on, what kind of craps this that.

Again, what's that have to do with me?Why someone is refused to pay has became my problem now?

Had an Experience with Shell Vacations Club?

Comments

Essex, Maryland, United States #230410

Shell Vacations is an intentional operation set up to steal money from honest people.I know this because I used to work for Shell.

My conscious has gotten the better of me and I believe it is my duty to tell people the truth. We are taught to tell people this is an investment. How we make our money is we sell a timeshare for $10,000 to $20,000 and tell people that they have points per year (the more we can squeeze out of them the more profit). Really they have nothing but a piece of paper saying this.

Then, we charge them a "monthly maintenance fee" of about $30 to $100 per month (again, the more money we can get...the better). Then we take this money and put it in a bank and earn interest on it. This is how we make money to pay our staff. The magic of this is once a year when the customer wants to take a vacaction, we give them a list of places where it is low cost and as long a the money they pay us (in a year from the monthly maintenance) is less than what the vacation resort costs...we make money.

I have often thought about opening my own timeshare and selling it to people who would fall for this.

After a man lost his job and we took all the remaining money he had left and then tolk him we would damage his credit if he didnt continue to pay his monthly fee, I felt this seemed a little wrong and left the company.Good luck to you!

Hello Hitech,

Please allow us to clarify what your maintenance fees cover. We certainly understand your frustration with any increase, small or large. It is always our goal to keep these fees as low as possible. There are certain operating costs at all resorts which must be maintained in order to provide the service and experience owners and members not only deserve, but require. These fees cover such items as utilities, repairs and maintenance, and property taxes, just to name a few. These fees are not charged to make any profit, but to simply cover the operating costs. As you can see, when there are more payers into this system, the lower the costs are per individual. Unfortunately, when larger numbers of the ownership/membership base do not pay their share of the fees, the cost per person will go up. This increase in delinquencies is, sadly, indicative of the times we are living in with high unemployment rates and other factors contributing to increased delinquency levels. Again, this budget represents the utmost effort to keep fees down, but as you can see, there are certain unavoidable circumstances that had to be addressed.

We hope this helps clarify this a bit more for you. If you have any other questions or concerns at all, please do not hesitate to contact us at customercare@shellvacationsclub.com or by phone at 888-947-4355.

Thanks again and have a great day.

Shell Vacations Club