San Francisco, California

I am victim of the Shell scam getting first duped into it by a boyfriend who thought it was a good investment and stated he would pay for it, then after the relationship ended and he is no where to be found.I paid the loan for 10 years per the contract agreement.

I was never to be the primary holder but ended up being that. He has managed to disappear having only paid 500.00 of the 1500.00 down payment. After 10 yrs of payments totaling 25K+ plus on a 13K+ loan, I thought I was free except for the maintenance fees I fell behind on. I received a letter in late 2013 stating I owed 3000 more on the loan.

The rep said it was a balloon payment for unpaid interest. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told no one was available and some one would call me. They never called. No one could explain to me how I had a balloon payment.

This week I spoke to someone who acted as if they could help me and was told that my loan had been extended, and that was the reason for the 3000 more. No one bothered to inform me that my loan had been extended and I did not sign a additional contract to that effect I had experienced some financial problem after a divorce and was unable to make the 217.00 monthly payment so instead I paid 120.00 the first of the month and 140.00 mid month. for approx. 4 yrs.

I was informed that all those payment were late and applied mostly to interest an to late fees not to principle. I ask if I could possible make a settlement and was essentially told no. That the entire amount had to be paid because I had not made a payment since 2014 (paid an extra 1,000 then) Found out today the daily interest rate is .98 when my pay off of the loan had increased by that much since yesterday. Again tried to make a settlement and was told the supervisor agreed to remove all the late fees from 2015 and partially form 2014.

He offered me a $140.00 if I paid in full today. God should send bolts of lightening down on Shell, Wyndham, Equiant, Pinnacle and Meridian destroying all and every record of every customer they have ever had. The are without a doubt the most predatory underhanded, dishonest examples of legal chicanery and deception that has ever been practiced. The States that allow theses companies to exist under and in their jurisdiction should be ashamed.

That said: Is it possible to bring about a Class Action Suite against these people?

If anyone could shed some light on that possibility we could all maybe get out of this mess.

K.Spratley TN

Review about: Shell Vacations Club Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: High pressure sales staff, Being lied to, Room showed is not example of those stayed in, Being lied to when i joined, Being scammed.

Had an Experience with Shell Vacations Club?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion