6.8K views

Here is ANOTHER horror story about Shell Vacations Club sending my maintenance fees to collections and will not allow me to use my points until I pay for the entire year of fees plus $300 in fees and interest tacked on by the collections agency over their failure to change my address when prompted by myself in writing caused me not to receive their letter providing me two weeks to respond.

I, as well as the folks that have posted other complaints about shell on this site, pay my loan payment faithfully each month and always have. There is simply NO WAY I will tolerate this type of treatment from these people for a mistake of their own.

Myself and my husband have excellent credit and are actually contemplating letting this whole mess go into foreclosure. We are convinced this is a complete and total scam. We are further convinced that it was a scam from the start.

My advice to anyone who is considering buying a vacation package from these folks is RUN!!!! and do not look back. You will NO DOUBT regret the decision.

I truly believe deciding to purchase was the biggest error in judgement I have EVER made. These people should be ashamed of themselves and the way they conduct their business. It's disgusting.

-ChristyK

Had an Experience with Shell Vacations Club?

Comments

Lady Lake, Florida, United States #1343174

I totally agree with ChristyK

l paid my mortgage on Shell years ago and continue paying annual fees in order to keep my credit standing.I am no longer healthy enough to utilize the services but I will still be paying until DEATH.

Anyone contemplating this arrangement should RUN as fast as you can.The salespeople are no better than a car salesman and just as unscrupulous.

I agree with you. They make the mistake but want you to pay for it.

I have been trying to sell my timeshare, but they are not interested in buying it back.

I could have a nice vacation if I saved my money instead of paying the maintenance fees and other fees that come along, once you want to use your week or two weeks.

it is a rip off.

My husband an I purchased the same sort of package from Surrey Vacation Resorts in 2012 and to date we have never been able to use our points or use any of the so called vacation locations.

We have filed a complaint with the NC Attorney Generals office.

If enough people complain about these kind of crooks, something will be done.

Good Luck and like you said if anyone is thinking about purchasing one of these programs, run for your life, away from these people.

Lots of Luck

its against the law for them to charge a fee for colections service.. the law only allows them to take a percentage of what they collect..

to Anonymous Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #1084669

Can you provide me with a link for this? I have tried looking for it on the web but cannot find it. I'd greatly appreciate it.

ali_hunt1168@yahoo.com

Rockville, Maryland, United States #972714

I would also wish you good luck if you ever need to change your bank account information on the website.Equiant and Shell are now technically no longer linked, the Shell site won't allow you access your Equiant information from there, and Equiant will not allow you change bank information online.

You have to reach out to Shell, who will return your call within 1 year of receiving it!

Also agree that you should run far, far away form this and not buy.I have had no luck trying to get resorts where I want, when I want, even when trying to book 6-8 months in adavance!

Columbus, Ohio, United States #919259

We have owned Shell Vacation timeshare for over 20 years.We have never!!

had a problem with them. We have always enjoyed our vacation destinations. We are always treated with welcome at whichever resort we have stayed.

Sorry about your misfortunes with Shell.We can only give them a 5 star for the service and accommodations we have had in our many years with them.

to Ocean Girl #1103443

Same here we have NEVER had a problem with shell or Equiant. we have used our timeshare for resorts, Cruises, rental cars and airlines Never a problem, always friendly and helpful. It's one of the best things we have ever done for our self's.....

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada #916919

when you go thru the payments your able to select visa debit, but at a later notice they will tell you the payment didn't go thru for whatever reason and charge you a $100 late fee.

if your Canadian don't use their visa debit option