2.3
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation

Pressured into purchasing points from Shell Vacations club now owned by Wyndam. Timeshare continues to sell worthless points yet will not refund my initial purchase.

In May 2008, my girlfriend and I purchased 1,500 points from Shell Vacations Club West, now owned and operated by Wyndam Vacations.

Even sitting down for this meeting was a bad idea. I felt pressured by the sales staff to purchase points in order to show my girlfriend I cared. A majority of the time, the sales presentation focused on the vacation desires of my girlfriend and very little on the financial impact it would have on us. It was a fast-paced, high pressure environment where I felt cornered to purchase points.

We have finally finished paying off our points ($14,808.71 Principal + Interest) ($9360 Loan, $1010.90 deposit). It has been a severe financial burden the entire time we have been owners. I finally became financially educated and determined that this purchase made absolutely no financial sense for us. I contacted Shell for a refund multiple times and have been run in circles, each time getting nowhere.

As a consumer I feel taken advantage of. They recently offered to cancel my membership but that does nothing for the $14,808.71 that has seemingly been flushed down the toilet.

I would really like Wyndam to refund my money and urge them to change the way the sell their timeshares. Urging a young couple who just started dating to purchase $14,000 in vacation time is a recipe for disaster.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Quality of the timeshare properties.

I didn't like: Being lied to when i joined, Being scammed, Being pressured into buying.

Comments